cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H7 BOOT0 pin not working

DTomi.1
Senior

Greetings,

I am having difficulties with connecting to my STM32H745IIK6. Normal mode doesn't work as well as Connect under reset. NRST pin works as it halts the program, and the program is running normally otherwise.

But the weirdest thing is that connecting the BOOT0 pin to +3V3 and reseting the MCU doesn't cause it to boot from System memory, it still boots from Flash memory and runs the program. I haven't changed any BOOT option bytes.

Does anyone know the solution to this?

BR

Domagoj

8 REPLIES 8

>>Does anyone know the solution to this?

Cycle the power

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

That's one of the first things I did, no changes.

The Option Bytes would be the other thing determining where execution starts.

Guessing this is a custom board?

Using a ST-LINK/V3 or something else?

Yes as I said, option bytes are left default.

This is a custom PCB with SWD pins routed to the connector with NRST.

I tried it with two different ST-Link/V2 which work fine with other MCUs.

And this worked at some point and then stopped? Or you loaded code via a different route?

Code running on both cores?

Did something else change the option bytes?

Debugging and programming via SWD worked in the beginning, I didn't have the need to try BOOT0.

Then the code was transfered to another computer and debug was started in CubeIDE and failed.

After that aforementioned problems started occurring both in CubeIDE, Prog and ST-LINK Utility. Both cores are running but only CM7 has the program. As far I as know nothing has changed the option bytes, at least I didn't change them.

Hi @Domagoj Tomić​ ,

Did you checked the article Unable to connect to STM32H7 devices?

It looks like you are in the second situation. Please follow recommendations provided in this article if it is the case.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion, unfortunately that didn't help because I cannot select different Access Port, that option is grayed out.

I have tried it on another MCU and it works, so there is something horribly wrong with this one, and also another one I tried to program.

The fix was to do make clean all and build everything again, so now I can at least program new STM32 normally, but those previous two seem to be unrepairable. Very weird fault, since the only thing I did was to archive the project and copy it to another computer than tried to program two MCUs without any changes.

BR

Domagoj