cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to develop your own application starting from example application (and not template project) ?

NOLFF.1
Associate II

Hi,

I am starting a project for the STM32WL using the SubGhz example application.

I want to change the content of the subghz application to have my own behavior with my own frames sent and received.

If I modify the file and I regenerate code using CubeMX, my functions are deleted and are replaced with the example application (Ping Pong).

Is there a way to exclude some files from code generation ? Or maybe a way to tell CubeMX that my project is no longer just the PingPong example project ?

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
KnarfB
Principal III

In STM32CubeIDE the code is generated from the .ioc file settings. Rename that file or move it out of the project tree, and no more code is generated. Renaming should be done at the file system level (Explorer,mv,..) not the IDE. In the IDE use Refresh (F5) after the changes. I would setup a local git repo before those changes and track all further changes in git.

hth

KnarfB

It outputs it's own boilerplate, if you don't want that stop pressing the buttons, and move it elsewhere. Have a scratch project for regeneration, and merge what you want into your main-line code.

0693W000007ZGjUQAW.jpg

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
KnarfB
Principal III

Real programmers code in binary...

The real issue is not "low vs high level", but "working vs broken code". 😉