cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage "Keyboard Example" with joystick

ALomb.1
Associate III

On X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 I would need to manage the on-screen keyboard because LCD is not touch.

I have successfully ported keyboard example from designer to hardware (X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 on NUCLEO-G071).

Is it possible to add support for the keypad or is it better to write a new one?

If so, what do you think?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

In the post you linked, KM L.1 refers to this post where Alexandre shared an example that can help you called "Keyboard Joystick".

Hope this helps.

/Romain

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ALomb.1
Associate III

Searching in the community I found this post, but unfortunately the solution was not shown :relieved_face:.

@KM L.1​ can you show how you solved ?

Hi,

In the post you linked, KM L.1 refers to this post where Alexandre shared an example that can help you called "Keyboard Joystick".

Hope this helps.

/Romain

ALomb.1
Associate III

Thank you @Romain DIELEMAN​ .

I downloaded and adapted @Alexandre RENOUX​'s code and everything works as expected 😀 !

The next step is to add the ENTER key to the keyboard to take what has been entered.

I imagine a scenario in which, again by joystick, I select a field (TextArea widget for example). When the joystick is pressed ('5'), the keyboard is shown, the user enters the text and when the ENTER key is selected, the keyboard disappears and the entered text is written in the selected field.

How to implement? Tips?

ALomb.1
Associate III

I @Romain DIELEMAN​,

about my last questions searching in the community I found this post that, I think, it is a common problem in all those scenarios where touch is not present!

Is it possible to have an example from which to start ?

/Antonello

I am not sure I fully get it, what you are looking for is a project where the buttons are used with a TouchGFX project ? If yes, you can have a look at the "STM32G071 nucleo demo" found in TouchGFX Designer when creating a project, in the "Online Applications" section.

0693W000007ZLQ3QAO.png/Romain

ALomb.1
Associate III

I @Romain DIELEMAN​ ,

I succeeded in my intent.

Thanks for the support!

Good to hear that 👌

/Romain