cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create process error. Command-line too long, TGFX generating file path...

zzzzz
Senior

We have a project that contains too many files. The total length of the files' path is longer than Window command line limitation. The create process error is reported when compiling. This problem is temporarily solved by converting all STM32HAL files to a library file. But this error comes back soon as more files are added.

I guess this issue is related to how the makefile works. How to fix it?

Another thing, we use TGFX as the GUI engine. The generated files' path is fixed and long. Is there a way to change the path of the generating file?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Perhaps avoid having paths 4 levels deep at the top level, and project names that are essays?

Watch for tool or include paths that are too long, faux directories, ie user/desktop

In other more wisen implementations one might use relative paths, and response files, ie @foo.cmd

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Perhaps avoid having paths 4 levels deep at the top level, and project names that are essays?

Watch for tool or include paths that are too long, faux directories, ie user/desktop

In other more wisen implementations one might use relative paths, and response files, ie @foo.cmd

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thanks for your answer. The problem is solved after porting the project to CubeIDE. Before I was using Truestudio, during the compilation, in the end( link stage), the console always outputs a very long command line that contains the paths of all files. This line triggers the error: create process. CubeIDE doesn't generate a very long command line during compilation. I guess the makefile is different and the shell file may also help.

This link explains the detail of this issue:

https://community.arm.com/developer/tools-software/oss-platforms/f/gnu-toolchain-forum/4748/is-there-a-maximum-length-of-compile-path