cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I load "Hello Example" of X-CUBE-DISPLAY into STM32Cube IDE ?

ABatt.1
Senior

I have a NUCLEO-G071RB with a X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1.

I dowloaded en.X-CUBE-DISPLAY_1_0_0 from ST site, but I'm not able to import the project into STM32Cube IDE.

If I go to "File -> import -> existing project into worksapce" the project is created into the workspace, but without source code.

What is the correct way to import an example project into the IDE ?

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello ABatt,

To use the Nucleo G0 with X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1, I highly recommend you to start with the Application Template available in TouchGFX Designer. In this project everything is already set for you to create your UI and see the result on the display. Just by clicking on "Run Target" in TouchGFX Designer you will be able to compile and download the project into your board.

If you want to use CubeIDE, simply open CubeIDE and then double click on the .project file. This will import the project in CubeIDE.

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

/Alexandre

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

It is the correct way, maybe you selected something wrong while importing.

• File > Import > Existing Projects into Workspace
  • Set root directory to the folder containing the extracted ZIP
  • make sure the project X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 is selected
  • Finish

The source code is visible after opening the project X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1 (top left) and the following structure Application > User > Core, as can be seen in the image below:

0693W000007ZAyTQAW.pngRegards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.