cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi , is there any android support .? for ST25R3912-AWLT kit . Please help me

KLe.1
Associate II

I have only application of NFC ​, but I don't see support in HAL, Kernel or TrustZone of android

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi KLe.1,

Android expects the NFC subsystem to run autonomously in the NFC Controller. However this is not possible with the ST25R readers as they are front-end chips where the host needs to issue every single frame.

In theory there are two options:

• One uses another MCU to mimic together with ST25R3911B an NFC controller
  • One extends/changes the Android/Linux system by adding background tasks to run also the low level NFC actions in real-time. One may run into issues due not guaranteed real-time and increased power consumption due to frequent actions on NFC.

So far we don't provide support for any of those ways.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KLe.1
Associate II

Therefore, the application cannot communicate with ST25R3912

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Kle.1,

ST25R3912 is supported by the same software as ST25R3911B. Therefore you could base your work on stsw-st25r009. This software shows how to operate the X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 from User space linux.

However there is no full integration into Android available - such is typically done by using full NFC controllers of the ST21/ST54 families which are talking NCI.

Best Regards, Ulysses

KLe.1
Associate II

Hi Ulysses HERNIOSUS

I thanks, I with try it​

KLe.1
Associate II

Hi Ulysses HERNIOSUS

I have integrated the linux user space. Can you provide me docs on android ? For ST21/ST54 families. Thank you.

Hi Ulysses HERNIOSUS

If I save ST25 then do I have any way to get android support?

Thank you so much.

Hi KLe.1,

I think you need to go through the official Sales channels here to get further information. The ST21/54 are not done by our group which is doing the ST25 tags and readers.

Regards, Ulrich

Hi KLe.1,

Android expects the NFC subsystem to run autonomously in the NFC Controller. However this is not possible with the ST25R readers as they are front-end chips where the host needs to issue every single frame.

In theory there are two options:

• One uses another MCU to mimic together with ST25R3911B an NFC controller
  • One extends/changes the Android/Linux system by adding background tasks to run also the low level NFC actions in real-time. One may run into issues due not guaranteed real-time and increased power consumption due to frequent actions on NFC.

So far we don't provide support for any of those ways.

Regards, Ulysses