cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I update STM323CubeIDE's underlying Eclipse CDT to fix Big Sur issues?

AVoel.1
Associate III

I've reported a couple issues here, one of which is seems related to Big Sur. Well, it appears that the problem is the underlying CDT:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1105973/

This is clearly one of the issues I see, and it appears to be fixed. So here's the question - is it possible to upgrade the underlying CDT without breaking the rest of STM32CubeIDE?

3 REPLIES 3
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Some of the issues are most likely, as you've stated, due to the underlying Eclipse we use in STM32CubeIDE. Is it possible to update it? Maybe, but I wouldn't recommend it. It would be untested and CubeIDE points towards some plug-in versions that might cause trouble if it's suddenly changed. It's not something that the team would like to support because it risks the creation of permutations of different versions which would require a lot of testing and supporting.

That being said, there's nothing stopping you from trying 😅

There's no update of the Eclipse platform for the upcoming release but we do update eclipse platforms from time to time.

Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Sounds most up to date Eclipse & CDT plaftorm update is jeopardizing STM32CubeIDE debug features at least ...

Definitively not recommended to alter by your own a delivered product integrity ....

Is there an Eclipse platform update planned now?