cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organize Folder on TouchGFX designer tool

MPast.1
Senior II

HI All,

how can I create and organize in folders all the pictures I inserted on Image section?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello MPast.1,

Simply create folders in assets/images folder and arrange your image accordingly.

The created folders will automatically appear in the Designer if png files are present inside.

/Alexandre

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

The designer only lets you import files, so you should arrange inside the assets/images folder before using them through the designer to have more control over structure.

/Martin

MPast.1
Senior II

HI MArtin,

The Demo called "TouchGFX Demo2" has this folder organization.

0693W000007YzmqQAC.jpg 

I would like to realize this Folder organization:

0693W000007YzmvQAC.jpg How can I manage this organization on my project?

Hello MPast.1,

Simply create folders in assets/images folder and arrange your image accordingly.

The created folders will automatically appear in the Designer if png files are present inside.

/Alexandre

Hi thanks Alexandre,

this evening I will try it.

However I suggest to introduce this feature inside the new TouchGFX release: this is can be very usefull because it help you to organize the project assets without use operating system. (I suggest to Insert on right click the following commands: copy/paste/rename/delete/new folder).

Hi MPast.1,

Thank you for your feedback 😀

We will take your suggestion into account.

/Alexandre

H Alexandre,

I tried the operation you said : it works but there is a big problem because the user MUST re-set all objects image properties (buttons, images, slider, containers... everything).

My hints is to semplify all this big work using the Designer... at least everytime you create a new Subfolder, properties changes themself.

TouchGFX designer can follow the image name, and when the user move this picture inside another folder the property can changes itself. If picture can't be found TouchGFX can highlight the error...0693W000007ZWGiQAO.jpg