cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear STM32 Community, I am using : STM32H7xx HAL Driver version number V1.9.0 WolfSSL on a STM32H753, Crypto hardware accelerator not working for TLS

AMuen.1
Associate

I am trying to use AES-GCM with the crypto hardware accelerator the normal Testvectors are working, but when I connect it to openssl the authentication Tag is wrong. Do you have any idea how to fix this? The normal Encryption in ECB is working. If I use the software Version of the authentication Tag the program is working. Is there any problem with the crypto hardware accelerator and TLS. Please help me.

1 REPLY 1
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello,

For your information, there are 2 examples of mbedTLS/crypto acceleration provided with STM32.

One for H7 but, unfortunately it does not integrate AES GCM and another one in L5 which integrates it.

These are :

STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.8.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Applications\mbedTLS\Crypto_Selftest\

STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.3.1\Projects\STM32L562E-DK\Applications\mbedTLS\Crypto_Selftest

Principle is to provide a *alt.c file for the crypto algorythm.

So, you can check gcm_alt in the L5 CubeFW. It is using the HAL CRYP interface so should also work for STM32H7. At least it could give some hints about your issue.

I didn't check tough.

Best regards

Jocelyn