cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX not setting the mcu when generating code.

PVall
Associate II

I have a new pc with STM32CubeMX 6.1.1 and SW4STM32/OpenSTM32 IDE version 2.9.1.

I created a simple project setting mcu to STM32L475GTx, activated a few pins and generated code. The project generated has no mcu selected. What is set up incorrectly in my cube project?

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @Community member​ ,

The issue isn't reproduced from my side, generating your attached project with SW4STM32 IDE the MCU is correctly set :

0693W000008GeEqQAK.png 

What I recommend here is to use the latest version of STM32CubeIDE since it is based on the Eclipse®/CDT framework and GCC toolchain for the development, and GDB for the debugging. It is also integrating STM32 configuration and project creation functionalities from STM32CubeMX.

Hope this helps you.

Khouloud.

Khouloud,

Thanks for trying this out.

If I were starting from scratch, STM32CubeIDE would be the way to go. Unfortunately I have many projects with many ioc files already in process. I was concerned about the time in conversion to the new tool and new HAL structure. I was hoping that STMCubeMX is still a supported product.

Thanks,

-Phil

Hi @Community member​ ,

You can easily import your project from SW4STM32 to STM32CubeIDE, following the available Migration guide from System Workbench to STM32CubeIDE.

Otherwise, STM32CubeMX is certainly still a supported product.

But I don't think that your issue is related to CubeMX since using your attached .ioc I do not reproduce the issue from my side.

Khouloud.

Hi Khouloud,

One last question, can SW4STM32 and STM32CubeIDE live side by side or must SW4STM32 be removed before an install of STM32CubeIDE? I wouldn't expect them to run simultaneously but can they be resident together on the same pc.

Thanks,

-Phil

Hi @Community member​ ,

It's not mandatory to remove SW4STM32 from your machine before installing STM32CubeIDE. You can have both of them on the same pc without any problem.

Khouloud.

Hi Khouloud,

Thanks for the response. I will be trying the STM32CubeIDE soon as my schedule allows.

-Phil