cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Cube-AI Analyzing Required Ram or Flash size error

KMalt.2
Associate II

Hello STM Community,

I am following the workshop STM32Cube.AI workshop with my STM32MP157C-EV1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8AAr84z27s&list=PLnMKNibPkDnEOUdTXlDH7yWN6qyxXPsEb&index=9&t=8m15s When I analyze the model I get the error "Required Ram or Flash size for asc is bigger than available Ram or Flash�? (where >asc< is the name of my model), with resources required for the model:

“Flash occupation: 15.90 KiB�? and

“RAM: 20.64 KiB (128.00 KiB present)�?.

So the RAM is not the problem. I get the feeling, that it has no allocated Flash. How do I declare which Flash storage to use? In the advanced settings, I can set “use external Flash�?, but I do not get how to use it and if I have to use it. Is there any good tutorial?

I tried different Networks, like the HAR-CNN-Keras from the 'getting started', but that is an even bigger Network.

Tried the STM32MP157C-EV1 in engineering boot mode (B 0 0 1) and boot from microsd (B 1 0 1)

Used Software:

1.Windows 10 using STM32CubeIDE 1.5.1 and X-Cube-AI 5.2.0

2.Windows 10 with Ubuntu 18.04 running on an Oracle VM Virtual Box 6.1.18. Using STM32CubeIDE 1.5.1 and X-Cube-AI 5.2.0

additionally STM32CubeMX 5.2.0  and X-Cube-AI 5.2.0

I know that most AI applications on the STM32MP1 is probably done with the X-LINUX-AI OpenSTLinux Expansion Package, however, I would like to use the M4 directly.

Thanks alot!

Malte

0693W000008GZvzQAG.png

2 REPLIES 2
Jacob1
Associate II

Hello Malte,

I was able to reproduce your Problem, but as I see it, the analyzation does not fail. (Hence the green check on the button) I don't have your Board present, but could you just test if the "Validate on target" option fails? If not you should be able to Ignore the error Message in the analyzer.

KMalt.2
Associate II

Hey! Thanks for the reply.

The "Validate on target" option failes, when I try with enabled "Automatic compilation and download" this window appears: 0693W000007ZTLzQAO.pngAlso, the ouput of my serial connection to the board, while "validating on target", does not indicate an error.

In total it just says: failed to build and run.

When I try to generate the code with CubeMX or CubeIDE, I do not see any "asc.c" or "asc_data.c" in my project explorer, so no c-code of my model.

I get following compilation error:

>>>

In file included from ../X-CUBE-AI/App/app_x-cube-ai.c:61:0:

../X-CUBE-AI/App/app_x-cube-ai.h:57:10: fatal error: ai_platform.h: No such file or directory

#include "ai_platform.h"

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

make: *** [X-CUBE-AI/App/subdir.mk:18: X-CUBE-AI/App/app_x-cube-ai.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

"make -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

14:48:25 Build Failed. 3 errors, 0 warnings. (took 1s.799ms)

<<<

But the "ai_platform.h", mentioned in the compiler error, is not the only file which is missing.

But it was a nice idea, thanks alot!