cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to change Touchgfx Designer timebase for transitions?

DPedr.1
Associate II

Hello, I have realized that any transition that happens over a defined time gets generated on a time basis of 16.6667 ms per tick. For example a simple wait transition will get:

//Delay for 3000 ms (180 Ticks)

interaction_wait_a_bitCounter = INTERACTION_WAIT_A_BIT_DURATION;

This tick counter is decreased on each model.tick() as I understand, but if the tick timebase happens to have a different period, times does not match.

I am currently using a SPI display that doesnt have the tearing effect pin available (yet) so i am calling OSWrappers::signalVSync(); each 16ms under SysTick_Handler() (1ms) to simulate 60hz.

With this configuration timings are as expected, but as soon as I modify the OSWrappers::signalVSync() calling frequency, transitions accerlerate or deccelerate proportionally.

Is this the expected behaviour or am I understanding all wrong?

Is it possible to change the divider that touchgfx designer uses for calculating the delay counters, or is assumed to be working with 60hz displays always?

Thanks a lot,

David

2 REPLIES 2
Alexandre RENOUX
Principal

Hello DPedr.1,

Yes you understand well. This behavior is expected. If you call signalVSync more frequently, you will render the next frame also more frequently which will lead to transitions being accelerated since they are timely based on signalVSync().

60 Hz is the usual value but this value can differ depending on the display. For instance, the X-NUCELO-GFX01M1 display expansion board has a display with a default refresh rate of 73 Hz (can be modified). This means that signalVSync() will be called every 13.5 ms. I have no knowledge about a possibility of arbitrarily changing it since it must match the display refresh rate.

/Alexandre

DPedr.1
Associate II

Hello Alexandre, thanks for your reply.

The question then is how I tell touchgfx designer on the pc side which is the refresh rate of the display, in order to generate counters accordingly.

For example the delay transition I was talking about, generates a counter of 180 ticks for a 3000 delay, that works properly only with 60hz displays.

As you say with the X-NUCELO-GFX01M1 this 180 tick counter will generate a 2430ms delay, that is not the value set on the transition configuration. I don't see where can I configure the display refresh rate.

Thanks again,

David

0693W000007Z3M8QAK.jpg