cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Flash Loader Demo GUI support for STM32G0 devices

PRami.1
Associate II

Hi,

We're begining a port to STM32G0 line and I understand these have a built in bootloader.

I am able to enter and activate the bootloader using the Flash Loader Demo GUI.

However when I come to the step of selecting the MCU it appears STM32G0 is not supported by the tool.

Tried the command line tool and same result.

Looking in the MAPS subfolder of the installation, I can't see any map for the STM32G0.

How are we to flash these devices using their internal bootloader?

Is there any alternative to the Loader Demo tool?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

STM32 Cube Programmer, in UART/COM port mode

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

STM32 Cube Programmer, in UART/COM port mode

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @PRami.1​ and welcome to the STM32 Community 😊

As proposed by @Community member​, It's recommended to use the STM32CubeProgrammer Tool (STM32CubeProg) an all-in-one multi-OS software tool for programming STM32 products.

For more details, please refer to the UM2237 User manual "STM32CubeProgrammer software description", which details the available features and environment prerequisites.

If you still need help, feel free to ask your question in detail.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
PRami.1
Associate II

Hi,

Thank you all for the reply. I have now successfully accessed the bootloader.

I take the opportunity to ask one additional question:

- Since we anticipate the need to perform firmware updates over the lifetime of the product, the Flash Loader Demo GUI is still a very appealing tool for us to customize:

updates would be applied by the client, so a customized tool would benefit the user experience and hide away unnecessary details exposed by the CubeProgrammer tool.

As far as I can understand, in order to add support for the G0 series and allow me to re-use the code of the tool, I'd only need to write a MAP file for the processor.

Are there any guidelines/appnotes to guide in doing that?

MAP files appear to essentially contain the mapping of memory and some features/options for flashing.

Am I understanding this correctly? Or is the G0 bootloader so different that a MAP file would not suffice to mod the Loader Demo tool?

Thank you,

Pedro