cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i update firmware over any CAN bus?

Auysa.1
Associate

Dear Madam/Sir,

we are using STM32F4 series microcontroller. ı wonder that how can i update firmware over any CAN bus. Do you have any sample code or tool to do this? Really i dont know how can i do. There is no answer about this issue on internet.

3 REPLIES 3

Writing software is often about creating solutions to problems, not copying them.

I​f you need inspiration perhaps look at bootloader and IAP (In Application Programming) or FOTA examples.

Being a CAN bus user presumably you already have some platform tools and knowledge. The small 8 byte packets does make the job of delivering larger payloads more challenging.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

If the target microcontroller is unlocked, you can use e.g. the STM32CubeProgrammer to update the firmware using the serial ports mentioned in application note AN2606. For the STM32F4 it is CAN2 only, which could be accessed using e.g. the ST-LINK/V3.

You will also find some description of the CAN bootloader in AN3154.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

If you need to access a device in a bus with more than that device, you need to write your own bootloader.