cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default "UCF" file for STEVAL-MKI197V1 (LSM6DSOX adapter board) when used with STEVAL-MKI109V3

IVini
Associate

Hi,

I have configured STEVAL-MKI197V1 for Glance recognition as per ST's demo but I am not able to reset the LSM6DSOX to default so I can try other gesture recognition using ML.

I was wondering if there is a way within the Unico GUI that I can reset everything to default, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @IVini​ ,

If you just want to reset the device (the MCL configuration together with the , but without powering off the device), you can run the SW RESET procedure descrifed in the application note AN5272 p.57.

"If the reset to the default value of the control registers is required, it can be performed by setting the SW_RESET bit of the CTRL3_C register to 1. When this bit is set to 1, the following registers are reset to their default value:"

• FUNC_CFG_ACCESS (01h);
• PIN_CTRL (02h);
• FIFO_CTRL1 (07h) through FIFO_CTRL4 (0Ah);
• COUNTER_BDR_REG1 (0Bh) and COUNTER_BDR_REG2 (0Ch);
• INT1_CTRL (0Dh) and INT2_CTRL (0Eh);
• CTRL1_XL (10h) through CTRL10_C (19h);
• FIFO_STATUS1 (3Ah) and FIFO_STATUS2 (3Bh);
• TAP_CFG0 (56h) through MD2_CFG (5Fh);
• I3C_BUS_AVB (62h);
• X_OFS_USR (73h), Y_OFS_USR (74h) and Z_OFS_USR (75h).

Basically, it should be similar to an .ucf file with all the registers set to their default value. You could export the register configuration (memory dump) before setting the MLC to keep track of your defaults.

I also suggest you to check the available examples on Github for the different gesture recognition MLC apps.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @IVini​ ,

If you just want to reset the device (the MCL configuration together with the , but without powering off the device), you can run the SW RESET procedure descrifed in the application note AN5272 p.57.

"If the reset to the default value of the control registers is required, it can be performed by setting the SW_RESET bit of the CTRL3_C register to 1. When this bit is set to 1, the following registers are reset to their default value:"

• FUNC_CFG_ACCESS (01h);
• PIN_CTRL (02h);
• FIFO_CTRL1 (07h) through FIFO_CTRL4 (0Ah);
• COUNTER_BDR_REG1 (0Bh) and COUNTER_BDR_REG2 (0Ch);
• INT1_CTRL (0Dh) and INT2_CTRL (0Eh);
• CTRL1_XL (10h) through CTRL10_C (19h);
• FIFO_STATUS1 (3Ah) and FIFO_STATUS2 (3Bh);
• TAP_CFG0 (56h) through MD2_CFG (5Fh);
• I3C_BUS_AVB (62h);
• X_OFS_USR (73h), Y_OFS_USR (74h) and Z_OFS_USR (75h).

Basically, it should be similar to an .ucf file with all the registers set to their default value. You could export the register configuration (memory dump) before setting the MLC to keep track of your defaults.

I also suggest you to check the available examples on Github for the different gesture recognition MLC apps.

-Eleon

IVini
Associate

Thanks Eleon