cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset Nucleo F401RE (Blocked board)

LHerm.1
Associate III

Hello everyone, I'm new on STM32.

My Board is blocked in this state (see on the photo) : 2 led at red state continuously.

And when I try to load program in the board, this type of erros occured : Error launching GDB server.

Thanks for your Help !0693W000008GD3lQAG.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Google and download a copy of STM32 Cube Programmer, avoids the IDE/GDB nonsense

Review the board manual, there are diagrams and schematics. There are a couple of spare jumpers attached to board, see upper top right and left.

Short the VDD and BOOT0 pins with said jumper. Puts the chip into loader mode, not running your code, that's probably bricking the board

Power cycle, remove and reapply power to the board via the connector.

0693W000008GDZSQA4.jpghttps://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jumper BOOT0 to VDD, reset or power cycle the board, and try connecting / erasing with STM32 Cube Programmer directly.

Thank for your response ! But i don't have STM32 Cube Programmer..

Sorry but where is the jumper BOOT0 ? And wath do you mean by power cycle the board ?

Sorry for my bad understanding ..

Google and download a copy of STM32 Cube Programmer, avoids the IDE/GDB nonsense

Review the board manual, there are diagrams and schematics. There are a couple of spare jumpers attached to board, see upper top right and left.

Short the VDD and BOOT0 pins with said jumper. Puts the chip into loader mode, not running your code, that's probably bricking the board

Power cycle, remove and reapply power to the board via the connector.

0693W000008GDZSQA4.jpghttps://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeprog.html

Thank for your Help, it works now !