cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clocks configuration - STM32F429

AS.5
Associate II

Hi everyone, I try to understand more deeply the the whole clocks issue and how each frequency affects the running time.

My board is STM32F429, and the clock configuration set by default (maximum values).

1. This is the best configuration for fast running time? (I don't need to reduce consumption).
  2. If I'll disable some peripheral's clocks which not in use, Will it affect the other peripherals and the running time?
  3. If I'll will reduce the APB2 clock, Will it affect APB1?

I'm a little confused with this issue. I will appreciate if someone could clarify this topic and the meaning of changing clock's value.

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

> So the RCC mange the whole clocks for best result?

No, it's you who manage it, by filling in the RCC registers.

Alternatively, you can click. You've presented some picture from CubeMX; you've arrived somehow to that picture, CubeMX is supposed then to generate code related to that picture, which is supposed to fill in RCC registers according to the displayed values. I don't use CubeMX, I don't know how did you arrive to those settings; but those settings represent the maximum clock frequencies in 'F429.

Read the RCC chapter in RM0090.

JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
  1. yes
  2. no
  3. no

For the details, read the RCC chapter in RM0090.

JW

Hi, thanks for your answer.

So the RCC mange the whole clocks for best result? Does it automatically choose the system clock on-the-fly for best result?

> So the RCC mange the whole clocks for best result?

No, it's you who manage it, by filling in the RCC registers.

Alternatively, you can click. You've presented some picture from CubeMX; you've arrived somehow to that picture, CubeMX is supposed then to generate code related to that picture, which is supposed to fill in RCC registers according to the displayed values. I don't use CubeMX, I don't know how did you arrive to those settings; but those settings represent the maximum clock frequencies in 'F429.

Read the RCC chapter in RM0090.

JW