cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to setup a X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 with an Arduino Mega. I realize there are no libraries for this so I'm trying to write my own. I want to use ISO15693 tags with this reader but I'm not sure how to setup the registers for that. Please help. Thank you

RChim.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi RChim,

maybe I should explain a bit more: ISO15693/NFC-V is not natively supported by ST25R3911B. It is supported by the subcarrier stream mode feature of the chip. This means that software needs to do much more compared to other protocols. E.g. it needs to create SOF/EOF/CRC/1of4 coding and on the receive side decode SOF/EOF/CRC/Manchester, etc.

This is why just concentrating on register settings is not enough and you either need to dive into low level details of ISO15693 spec or use our RFAL which implements all of this. This is why I was hinting on the activities in stm32duino to support RFAL. I hope this helps.

BR, Ulysses

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi RChim,

you may check in stm32duino. In the thread "Does this code work with s25r3911b?" there are discussions about ongoing developments to have and Arduino wrapper of the RFAL. Maybe this would also help you on your Arduino Mega.

BR, Ulysses Herniosus

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi RChim,

maybe I should explain a bit more: ISO15693/NFC-V is not natively supported by ST25R3911B. It is supported by the subcarrier stream mode feature of the chip. This means that software needs to do much more compared to other protocols. E.g. it needs to create SOF/EOF/CRC/1of4 coding and on the receive side decode SOF/EOF/CRC/Manchester, etc.

This is why just concentrating on register settings is not enough and you either need to dive into low level details of ISO15693 spec or use our RFAL which implements all of this. This is why I was hinting on the activities in stm32duino to support RFAL. I hope this helps.

BR, Ulysses

Thanks, that does help. I don't have a lot of time to dive into the low level details or wait for a wrapper. This is a senior EE project for college so I'm trying to get the reader to work with vicinity tags and chose the ST25R3911B chip cause of it's spec'd 1.4W output power. If I have to switch to a Nucleo development board to make this work I will. I have do have Nucleo-F429ZI though I see there is example code for the Nucleo-L476RG. I'll need to get more familiar with the RFAL middleware to make use of it. Thank you.