cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I can’t load the GFX01M1_HelloWorld project. ST32cubeIde tells me: Error message from debugger back end: Load failed Failed to execute MI command:

yves2brest
Associate II

Load failed

Failed to execute MI command:

load "C:\\st_products\\QVGA_TFT_LCD\\en.X-CUBE-DISPLAY_1_0_0\\Projects\\NUCLEO-G071RB\\Applications\\GFX01M1_HelloWorld - Copie\\STM32CubeIDE\\Debug\\X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1.elf"

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

Could you share a screenshot of your issue ? Where did you find that project ? From what I find online I believe it is a Eclipse/CubeIDE issue with different potential origins and fixes 😅

This is not a TouchGFX issue could you edit the tags and remove it ?

/Romain

Hi, *you will find* <> You will find the screenshot below. I found the project ,GFX01M1_HelloWorld, in.X-CUBE-DISPLAY_1_0_0, which accompanies the X-Nucleo-GFX01M1 board. The path to the project is as follows: C:\st_products\QVGA_TFT_LCD\en.X-CUBE-DISPLAY_1_0_0\Projects\NUCLEO-G071RB\Applications\GFX01M1_HelloWorld. Yesterday I started a new project from the file, X-NUCLEO-GFX01M1.ioc . I made a project, I build it. I load it without problem. In main.c there is not the “#include “Image.h�? . The file "Image. h" weighs 468ko. Today, I write #include “Image.h�? at the beginning of main.c and I add the file “Image.h�? in the "includes�?. I build it. I cannot load the project. The problem comes back. The memory of STM32G071RB is 128ko! The Image is too big. Best regards Yves mevel <> Garanti sans virus. www.avg.com <> <#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

If you check e.g. STM32CubeIDE/STM32G071RBTX_FLASH.ld or some of the other linker scripts, you will see that there's part of the binary supposed to go to the external SPI flash. This SPI flash must be programmed in some way, depending on the flash program you're using you will need an external loader (for STM32CubeProg: MX25L6433F_STM32G071B_NUCLEO.stldr, included in X-CUBE-DISPLAY) or e.g. OpenOCD with the patch http://openocd.zylin.com/#/c/4760/

A bit confused by the link to reverso 😅.

If you plan to work with TouchGFX I would recommend to start a project from TouchGFX Designer. You can either select the application template for the STM32G071 nucleo board, or start a project with an "online application" with a complete premade demo.

Creating a project from either of those options will generate a configured ioc project with a TouchGFX project and a CubeIDE project.

/Romain

I can’t find a solution to import "MX25L6433F_STM32G071B_NUCLEO.stldr" into STM32CubeProg by searching in the Graphics interface.Should Command Lines be Used

RHori.1
Associate

I found a good answer on the video 2 of this link around 11 minutes mark.On-demand Webinar: STM32G0 TouchGFX Demonstration - STMicroelectronics