cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Display issue on 1.5.1 with Mac Big Sur

AVoel.1
Associate III

First, is this the place to post bug reports for STM32CubeIDE? I'm seeing a few minor bugs but I'll start with this one in case this the right place.

A bug was introduced either with a recent release of STM32CubeIDE or with Mac Big Sur. It is hard to know which since both updates occurred at about the same time. It is most apparent when performing an Open Declaration operation in the editor, because the bug happens so frequently when doing this. The editor window will get "garbled", showing a confused combination of information seemingly from two different locations in the text buffer or two different buffers. Fortunately, scrolling up and down in the buffer causes the IDE to get unconfused. But it is quite annoying, and happens very frequently. This bug is new, it did not happen before recent updates of the IDE and OS. I'm on a 4K monitor, but I suspect that most people are at this point.

There are couple other bugs to report, but is this the right place to do it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We have a work package related to supporting Big Sur eventually so the plan is there. We know the macOS community usually updates rather quickly but we don't feel comfortable labeling official support for the latest releases in our documentation until we've had time to stabilize and test with the new macOS versions even if it does usually work with the newer macOS versions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

We don't have official support for Big Sur but I will go ahead and write a ticket for this to give the development team a better idea of what needs to be fixed in order to support it in the future.

And yes, the community is a good place to report any other bugs you might find 😊

AVoel.1
Associate III

Thanks, good to know the right sorts of people are monitoring the forum. It's entirely possible this bug isn't limited to Big Sur. It might have come in with an IDE update.

When you say you don't have official support for Big Sur, that sounds odd if Mac OS is supported. The Apple community tends to update fairly promptly, and Big Sur was released last November. Do you mean that you don't have official support yet? I totally get that it takes time to get fixes out, but like I said a decision not to support Big Sur sounds like a decision not to support Mac OS, and that would be a shame. I'm so thankful not to have to fire up Parallels in order to use the IDE.

We have a work package related to supporting Big Sur eventually so the plan is there. We know the macOS community usually updates rather quickly but we don't feel comfortable labeling official support for the latest releases in our documentation until we've had time to stabilize and test with the new macOS versions even if it does usually work with the newer macOS versions.

AVoel.1
Associate III

That all makes sense. Thanks for the answer!