cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you please help me what is MDMA, BDMA? What is the difference between DMA and them? Can you suggest me a good explanation document, please?

AAldo.1229
Associate II

5 REPLIES 5

The Reference Manual, and the bus matrix diagrams.

The DMA to use would depending on the source / destination of the transfer, most usually the memory being used.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AAldo.1229
Associate II

Why should I use MDMA instead of DMA? I searched and I read some documents but I am not satisfied with what I read.

• the various DMA have various bus connectivity, not every DMA can reach every memory and every peripheral, see Memory and bus architecture chapter
  • the various DMA have various triggering schemes, see DMAMUX and the Block interconnect chapter
  • they are various designs: MDMA is a very complex beast on the AXI, DMA are the same dual-port design as in 'F2/'F4/'F7, BDMA is the single-port design as in 'Lx/'F0/'F3

As Clive said above, read the Reference Manual, not "some documents". Yes, it's 3000+ pages long, and what. Rome wasn't built in a day. It was your choice to go for the most complex STM32 available. And you don't need to read it all, anyway, see index/bookmarks.

JW

Imen GH
ST Employee
AAldo.1229
Associate II

@Community member​ , @Imen GH​ , @Community member​  Thank you. I am much more better now about rome 🙂