cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6D33 - Measuring Vibration

EMEYD.1
Associate

Hi, I am using LSM6D33 accelerometer sensor. I want to measure vibration and I didn’t find anything this subject. How can I calculate vibration ?

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @EMEYD.1​,

when you refer to vibration measure, do you mean a data processing that acquires the signal in time domain, calculates the main frequencies (for example using a FFT algorithm), and then detect the intensity of these peaks?

If so, you can start from available examples in the predictive maintenance field, that calculates the FFT and returns the main frequencies and intensities (.g. the FP-IND-PREDMNT1 function pack).

At high level, a tool that enables you to perform FFTs and frequency data analysis is the Unicleo-GUI, that has an easy-to-use graphical interface.

If you want to work more low level, might also consider the MotionID motion intensity detection library, that enable you to distinguish motion intensity in a range from 0 to 10 (according to the library indexes) corresponding to the following activities: on desk, hand on bed/couch/cushion, light movements, biking, typing/writing, high intensity typing/slow walking, washing hands/walking, fast walking/jogging, running/brushing teeth, sprinting.

-Eleon