cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Discovery 32F412ZGT6 dev board and I'm trying to use the FSMC peripheral. The ioc file assigns pins PC11 and PC12 to D2 & D3 respectively. These pins are not available on the pin headers on the board and I cannot re-assign them.

EPate.1
Associate

So MX assigns the following pins for FSMC

NWE -> PC2

NOE -> PC5

NE1 -> PD7

RST -> PD11

FMC addr A18 - PD13

D0 -> PB14

D1 -> PD15

D2 -> PC11 (Assigned to micro sd card)

D3 -> PC12 (Assigned of micro sd card)

D4 -> PA2

D5 -> PA3

D6 -> PA4

D7 -> PA5

Can you help with how I get access to PC11 and PC12?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, this is the DISCOVERY board, which is similar to the EVALUATION boards to demonstrate the functionality of the specific controller and possibly be used to create your own system. Some of the DISCOVERY kits have a few free pins which can be used for some tests. However, you need to find them using the schematics and documentation. In most cases it is too difficult to reassign used pins.

Perhaps you should consider the NUCLEO boards if you are starting your own development and want to have (almost) full freedom in using the available pins and peripherals.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Well, this is the DISCOVERY board, which is similar to the EVALUATION boards to demonstrate the functionality of the specific controller and possibly be used to create your own system. Some of the DISCOVERY kits have a few free pins which can be used for some tests. However, you need to find them using the schematics and documentation. In most cases it is too difficult to reassign used pins.

Perhaps you should consider the NUCLEO boards if you are starting your own development and want to have (almost) full freedom in using the available pins and peripherals.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
EPate.1
Associate

Great!

Thank you for your fast reply!

I will look at a Nucleo board with FSMC

Regards,

Eric