cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to use the IIS3DWB sensor in a new project. I am unable to find the correct footprint of the sensor for PCB design. I have been unable to find a properly dimensioned drawing of the solder pads which could enable me to create my own footprint.

NAnand1
Associate III

Assembly of the device is extremely tricky since the terminals are all hidden from view and one can never be sure of the correct alignment. Also the terminal 1 is marked only through a notch on the terminal 1 and the dot on the top surface isnt visible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NAnand1​ ,

if you go on the st.com page of IIS3DWB device, you can find a session named CAD&Resources, where you can find the CAD symbol, footprint and 3D model.

0693W000008FxGAQA0.pngYou can download the files from there (opening them with Ultra-librarian tool) and insert in your project.

In case you want to build by your own footprint, I suggest you to refer to the PCB design guidelines for ST MEMS sensors (microphone excluded) that you can find in the Technical note TN0018, p.4.

Let me please know if it is enough for your purposes and, in case, please mark this answer as "best".

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @NAnand1​ ,

if you go on the st.com page of IIS3DWB device, you can find a session named CAD&Resources, where you can find the CAD symbol, footprint and 3D model.

0693W000008FxGAQA0.pngYou can download the files from there (opening them with Ultra-librarian tool) and insert in your project.

In case you want to build by your own footprint, I suggest you to refer to the PCB design guidelines for ST MEMS sensors (microphone excluded) that you can find in the Technical note TN0018, p.4.

Let me please know if it is enough for your purposes and, in case, please mark this answer as "best".

-Eleon

NAnand1
Associate III

BEST!

Many thanks, Eleon