cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate code from Keil uVision to CubeIDE?

Ted Jackson
Senior

I was able to open the ST25R3911B_DISCO_FW's included DISCO-STM32L4x6.uvprojx file. It builds and debugs easily, until... I try to uncomment back in the functions in its main and while (StreamDispatcherInit, ProcessIO and dispatcherWorker), which then promptly breaks Keil's own 32k size limit for the free version.  Well, that'll get the hopeful STM32 newbie seeking an alternative to an expensive Keil uVision license right quick, won't it?  So, I'm trying to drag the code over to STM32CubeIDE and build there, beginning with ST example code in the CubeIDE appropriate to the ST25R3911B-DISCO board's host MCU (an STM32L476).

Any best practice for dragging code over from uVision to CubeIDE? Thx.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Keil MDK is the old good IDE, built with German quality.

CubeIDE is new good. Also, its value (ratio of features/price) is infinitely greater than Keil's.

-- pa

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Before you begin, try to contact your local Keil sales and ask for evaluation license (30 days or so).

Perhaps this time would be enough to test and migrate the code or... even to decide to buy a permanent MDK license 😉

A good IDE with a good debugger is worth the money.

-- pa

Then STM32CubeIDE is NOT a good IDE with a good debugger?

Keil MDK is the old good IDE, built with German quality.

CubeIDE is new good. Also, its value (ratio of features/price) is infinitely greater than Keil's.

-- pa