cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST motor control workbench connection failed!

Wzong.1
Associate III

I used STSPIN32F0A as my motor control chip, the X_CUBE_MC workbench version is 5.4.4 , and the firmware package version is ST32 FW v1.11.2, then I generate the code ,but when I connect the MC workbench , I couldn't connect the MC workbench serial , and gave the below fault , This problem has been bothering me for a long time,Thank you very much for helping me0693W000007ERPdQAO.png 

7 REPLIES 7
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @Wzong.1​,

I suggest to check the communication speed set into the FW configuration and if it is correspond to the one in the monitor (baudrate 9600):

0693W000008GCRIQA4.png 

Let me know if it is helpful.

Hi Cristiana. Thanks for your answer! I have checked the connection and the baudrate , they were ok. When I debugged the first time it could connect, but after changed the parameters of the current sensing , the serail communication was lost !

Hi @Wzong.1​,

the current sensing parameters change does not affect the serial communication.

The root cause must be sought elsewhere.

When you change the parameter in the workbench, did you change something in the hardware?

Is the power supply always present?

Thank you. I have solved the question.This problem is caused by the hardware, I think

the current sensing hardware forbidden the TIMER , so the communication lost.

Hi @Wzong.1​,

I didn’t understand your explanation.

Could you explain better the relationship between current sensing and the loss of communication to the benefit of other Community users?

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...

APell.1
Associate

Hello @Wzong.1​ @Cristiana SCARAMEL​,

I had a similar configuration problem with my STSPIN32F0A:

0693W00000DnNflQAF.pngCould you help me?

Andrea