cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone provide version 4.20.1 of CubeMX ? ( Maintaining old project...)

LCice.2
Associate II

Can anyone provide version 4.20.1 of CubeMX ?

( Yes, it's me again, maintaining and developing an old project... )

My STM32 model is : "stm32f103cb"

Using AtollicTrueStudio version 9.1 and 9.3.

Do you know if it is possible to install two different versions of CubeMX, on the same computer, and use only one version at a time ?

I am currently using the latest (6.1.1 on Windows 10) , and I see strange warnings, when I open the .IOC file.

So I was looking for the old version that was used.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @LCice.2​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, what you have mentioned are not actually warning messages but rather a Contextual Help window and it is displayed when hovering the mouse over the peripheral. By default, the window displays the extended name and source of configuration conflicts.

Taking one of your screenshots for example:

0693W000007ELPIQA4.pngThis message indicated that some SYS configurations can't be done because of conflict with GPIO Output signal mapped in the PA0_WKUP pin, if you open the SYS Mode and Configuration panel, System Wake-Up can't be checked :

0693W000007ELWTQA4.png 

Furthermore, this conflict is due to the fact that WKUP signal can't be remapped to any pin other than PA0. For more details about Pinouts and pin description, please refer to STM32F103xB Data Sheet.

Hope this clarifies the displayed tooltips.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @LCice.2​ ,

On project load, STM32CubeMX detects if the project was created with an older version of the tool and if this is the case, it proposes the user to either migrate to use the latest STM32CubeMX database and STM32Cube firmware version, or to continue.

> I am currently using the latest (6.1.1 on Windows 10) , and I see strange warnings, when I open the .IOC file.

If you mean here the warning popup when loading your old project, this message basically says; The project was created with a MCU database and FW package that is not present in your repository. It exists actually a newer MCU database and Cube software than the one you used.

You may select continue to use original firmware used at project creation and in this case it will downloaded into your repository as well as the MCU and IPs database (stm32cube_db), or you may select migrate, and in this case your project will be modified to fit the current database definition.

When upgrading to a new version of STM32CubeMX, make sure to always backup your projects before loading the new project (especially when the project includes user code).

You'll find more details about STM32CubeMX features in the STM32CubeMX User Manual .

> Do you know if it is possible to install two different versions of CubeMX, on the same computer, and use only one version at a time ?

Yes, you can have multiple CubeMX versions installed on your machine and choose each time which version you want to work with.

Hope this answers your question, if this the case , please click on the Select as Best button on my reply . This will help other members of the community find this solution more quickly 🙂

Otherwise feel free to raise any feedback or question.

Khouloud.

Hello Khouloud,

many thanks for your quick respense ;

and for all the useful information.

I will look for "WARNINGS" into the user manual, and will tru also the old cubeMX version.

The warnings I was speaking about are not the initial warnings, when I first i open the old project.

( I already made the choice to keep the original firmoware, no migration. )

These warnings are present in the main window of CubeMX, on the left.

And I do not immediately understand what these warnings are trying to say.

( I am now trying to load the screenshots.)

The SW and teh STM32 board works normally for few hours.

I am working, specifically, on a strange issue on our electrobnic board :

after more than 6 hours of continued operation, the STM 32 board no longer responds.

After more than 12 hours of continued operation, it is pretty sure that the STM32 no longer responds.

So, we are investigating on this issue.

( Wi will surely try to reproduce the problem while using the debugger. )

Thank you in advance for any help.

HAve a nice day.

0693W000007EJMCQA4.png0693W000007EJLxQAO.png0693W000007EJLOQA4.png0693W000007EJKzQAO.png

Hi @LCice.2​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, what you have mentioned are not actually warning messages but rather a Contextual Help window and it is displayed when hovering the mouse over the peripheral. By default, the window displays the extended name and source of configuration conflicts.

Taking one of your screenshots for example:

0693W000007ELPIQA4.pngThis message indicated that some SYS configurations can't be done because of conflict with GPIO Output signal mapped in the PA0_WKUP pin, if you open the SYS Mode and Configuration panel, System Wake-Up can't be checked :

0693W000007ELWTQA4.png 

Furthermore, this conflict is due to the fact that WKUP signal can't be remapped to any pin other than PA0. For more details about Pinouts and pin description, please refer to STM32F103xB Data Sheet.

Hope this clarifies the displayed tooltips.

Khouloud.

Mike_ST
ST Employee