cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log numeric data in SWV ITM Data Console

Miles1
Associate III

Is it possible to customize the display format of ITM data in the "SWV ITM Data Console" view to show the raw data values, rather than the text interpretation?

For example, I'm writing various counter values to different ITM ports, and would like a convenient way to see what the latest values are.

Unfortunately, the "SWV ITM Data Console" just outputs garbled text:

0693W000007EEUpQAO.pngI can open the "SWV Trace Log" and hunt down these values, but that's a bit tedious to do if they're buried in the table.

0693W000007EEUuQAO.pngI can also save this output to CSV and then run a post-processing script on the file, but that's annoying to have to repeat for each debugging iteration. I'd really like to avoid this constant "select all" -> "copy/save" cycle. Is there a way to just point the Trace Log to continuously stream to the CSV file? That way, I could just have some post-processing scripts tailing this file in the background to render the filtered output in another terminal. It's also irritating that the behavior of ctrl+C is different depending on how many items are selected. When there are more than 1000 items, ctrl+C opens the file-save dialog, but with fewer it's just a normal copy. I'm usually just trying to re-save to the same file (due to lack of streaming option), but am forced to keep an open copy of this file handy for the occasional mandatory manual pasting.

It would also be great if you could point the "SWV Data Trace Timeline Graph" to any of the 32 ITM ports for plotting. Right now, it seems like plotting is limited to global variables - and a maximum of 4.

See UM2609 - Rev 2 Section 4.3 for more details on the available SWV views.

1 REPLY 1
DTomi.1
Senior

Any updates on this?