cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am getting error "Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target." using STlink-V3 connected to blue pill by CN6 SWD.

DVand.1
Associate II

How do I connect the SWD connectors on stlink-v3 (CN6) to a stm32f104 blue pill for debugging and programming it? I am getting error "Error in initializing ST-LINK device. Reason: No device found on target." in CubeIDE 1.5.1. I want to verify my pinouts are correct and connections are correct. Any assistance would be really appreciated. I am new to this. Setting are Autostart local GDB, Debug probe = ST-LINK (ST-LINK GDB server), SWD, ST-LINK S/N was scanned and shows serial number. Enabling or disabling SWV does not fix. Type = Connect under reset.

5 REPLIES 5
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

The bluepill is probably not a STM32, but some clone. STLINKV3 denies connection to non-STM32 CPUs.

DVand.1
Associate II

Thank you for replying Uwe, upon further checking , i have another board from same manufacturer (came from same place as I ordered two). When I connect the 2nd one, it actually connects fine and I am able to program it. I know I have used the one I am having an issue with some time ago and was able to connect to it at that time. It could be a bad board but I am doubtful this is the problem. Is there a way to reset the blue pill to allow it to connect again?

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Connect under reset, with reset actually connected, should connect under all circumstances with an actual STM32 device.

DVand.1
Associate II

Thank you. Would you be able to provide to me the actual wiring connections then between the STLink-V3 CN6 pins and the bluepill? Would that be the NRST pin needs to be connected? Sorry I am kinda new to this and trying to learn.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Decipher it yourself and try. if it does not work, document your findings and ask again.