cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello ST Experts , I am new to STM32 development environment i had a query regarding how to interface MEMS microphone ics43432 with STM32F4xx nucleo 64 board , their clocking configurations in STM32cubeMX and the usage of PDM2PCM middleware.

SG.4
Associate II

The 1 bit PDM data output should be converted to a 16 bit PCM data format using this and what peripherals should be used in STM32cubeMX and the obtained PCM should be converted into .wav file and display it on UART/USART

What is the process could anyone please elaborate? please help

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

I'm not an expert on TDK microphones, but it should be similar to ST digital MEMS microphones.

For these microphones, there are some available example that decode the PDM into PCM and stream the audio signal: in the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 package there is an example running on a STM32F4-Nucleo board that deploys the digital microphones on the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2, acquiring them in PDM, decimating it in PCM and streaming the audio data on USB (folder: \Projects\STM32F401RE-Nucleo\Demonstration\CCA02M2\HP_Microphones_Streaming). In particular, please have a look to the audio_application.c, the cca02m2_audio.c and the usbd_audio_if.c files.

You could start from this example and adapt it to your microphone paying attention to the hardware connections of the board you are using.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

I'm not an expert on TDK microphones, but it should be similar to ST digital MEMS microphones.

For these microphones, there are some available example that decode the PDM into PCM and stream the audio signal: in the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 package there is an example running on a STM32F4-Nucleo board that deploys the digital microphones on the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2, acquiring them in PDM, decimating it in PCM and streaming the audio data on USB (folder: \Projects\STM32F401RE-Nucleo\Demonstration\CCA02M2\HP_Microphones_Streaming). In particular, please have a look to the audio_application.c, the cca02m2_audio.c and the usbd_audio_if.c files.

You could start from this example and adapt it to your microphone paying attention to the hardware connections of the board you are using.

-Eleon

Thank you so much for the help Eleon .