cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to troubleshoot an PCB Antenna design with the ST25DV04 single sided Antenna.

APayo.1
Associate II

Hello I designed a single sided Antenna now i recieved the PCB's soldered the ST25DV04K onto it, but my phone can't find the Tag.

Is there a possibility without a network analyser to trobleshoot such a PCB/design?

Or would is it better for troubleshooting try to reach the Tag with an X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1?

I've added the design file from teh edesign suite.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henry Crane
ST Employee

Hello Alex,

AN5605 Design of a 13.56 MHz double-layer antenna 1.0 document may answer to some of your questions.

best regards,

Henry.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Henry Crane
ST Employee

Hello

Sorry for our very late answer.

Feel free to share your antenna gerber file with use for check.

your antenna is roughly 1.62µH which is much lower than the 4.7-4.8µH to achieve 13.56MHz resonant frequency with ST25DV. best would be to redesign the PCB with the right antenna inductance value. If impossible, you can add a 56pF capacitor in parallel to ST25DV to move the tuning to an acceptable value.

best regards,

Henry Crane NFC/RFID support team.

APayo.1
Associate II

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I solved my problem the inductance was to low. I thought if the value is green it suites the Resonant frequency.

But after i made a double sided antenna i reached the needed inductance.

It would be helpfull if inside the online tool there would be a more detailed description to the values which are calculated.

and if a double sided could be calculated as well.

best regards,

Alex

Henry Crane
ST Employee

Hello Alex,

AN5605 Design of a 13.56 MHz double-layer antenna 1.0 document may answer to some of your questions.

best regards,

Henry.