cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low power standby mode wake up with bootloader: My software consists of the ST bootloader and my fw application on a STM32F4. I put the device into standby low power mode. Upon wake from standby, the device boots from loader again.

SGove.1
Associate

Is it possible to only boot the application and not start from loader again ?

When waking up from standby lower power mode, we want the application to start immediately.

4 REPLIES 4

If it is entering the System Loader check what you are doing with BOOT0 pin, should be pulled LOW.

For your own Loader in FLASH, you'll want to check the wake up from Standby bit and expedite the control transfer to the Application entry point. ​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MM..1
Chief

You use standby low power mode

then wake result is reset, and reset starts your MCU from start...

Simply way is place in bootloader IF flag reset WU jump app, but still system code is running for bootloader and then for app.

Better way is not use STANDBY mode.

>>Better way is not use STANDBY mode.

How'd that work? STANDBY is the only way to get current numbers down significantly.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Maybe STOP mode?