cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug for generate with SUBG2 ( Middleware )

Gz
Senior

Dear ST;

I found bug for generate with SUBG2. I can export file to STM32CubeIDE but it can't be use with other MCU .

0693W000007E3CLQA0.jpgThis photo. I can generate with STM32L010.

0693W000007E3CkQAK.jpgThis photo. I compile source code. I found error in middleware from ST.

Thank you,

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MGREL
ST Employee

Hello,

please find attached ioc file for cubemx 6.1.x.

Actually the issue is the usage of "Generate Under Root" option. If you deselect it, the project compiles.

Well' investigate this problem and solve in future releases of STM32CubeMX and/or X-CUBE-SUBG2 pack.

Generally, not having it selected is a more stable choice (like in the zip release with pre-built projects and pre-configured ioc files).

With regards to the IRQ Handler, please check the Getting Started guide, at pag. 21 is documented that you must not generate USART IRQ Handler since this pack needs to generate it on his own.

0693W000008GLbCQAW.pngThe ioc has been modified accordingly.

Please let me know if these information solves your issues.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @Gz​ 

Thanks for your feedback, it will be internally checked.

I'll give you an update as soon as possible.

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hi again @Gz​ ,

I reproduced the compilation errors issue and problem confirmed, it will be fixed.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

MGREL
ST Employee

Hello,

actually it is not a problem of SUBG2 pack. There are 3 things to fix in the orginal ioc file:

1) Please do not use "Advanced application" structure coupled with "Generate under Root". I know they are the default if you generate a new project but I see this combination generates a wrong project (all files of the MW in the project). We'll solve this in STM32CubeMX.

2) Once you solve this, you'll probably get another error: as reported in the Getting Started guide of SUBG2 pack (you can open it in STM32CubeMX in the component view) for this pack you have do deselect the generation of USART IRQ Handler, since it is taken care by the pack itself

3) For this specific platform with very little FLASH, the "Debug" configuration generated by STM32CubeIDE will not fit: try the "Release" one, it should be ok.

I attach an ioc file modified in order to fix points number 1) and 2).

Please let me know if it is ok now.

Gz
Senior

Hello @MGREL​ ;

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have STM32CubeMX version 6.2.0. Could you please update the STM32CubeMX or downgrade to STM32CubeMX version 6.1.1 ?

Thank you,

Best regards.

Gz
Senior

Hello @MGREL​ ;

I try on STM32L431CC. It's work. Could you please check "USARTX_IRQHandler" duplicate function in stm32l4xx_it.c and subg2_contiki_it.c ?

Thank you,

Best regards.

MGREL
ST Employee

Hello,

please find attached ioc file for cubemx 6.1.x.

Actually the issue is the usage of "Generate Under Root" option. If you deselect it, the project compiles.

Well' investigate this problem and solve in future releases of STM32CubeMX and/or X-CUBE-SUBG2 pack.

Generally, not having it selected is a more stable choice (like in the zip release with pre-built projects and pre-configured ioc files).

With regards to the IRQ Handler, please check the Getting Started guide, at pag. 21 is documented that you must not generate USART IRQ Handler since this pack needs to generate it on his own.

0693W000008GLbCQAW.pngThe ioc has been modified accordingly.

Please let me know if these information solves your issues.

Hello, @MGREL​ ;

Thank you for you reply.

This information solve my issue. The X-CUBE-SUBG2 complatible with another MCU.

Thank you,

Best regards.