cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B-G431B-ESC1 Layout Question (Via Current)

FKL
Associate II

Hello,

I have had a look over the B-G431B-ESC1 Layout Files and found that the High Side FETs are connected to V+ with a single Via.

0693W000007DbIuQAK.pngThe brown layer is V+, the large red pad is where the FET Drain is connected.

I can only see the single via i marked. The production files state the same.

This via can only carry about 1A of current, so this is definitely a design flaw.

Can you please check if there is a error in the design files I downloaded or if I am right.

@Laurent Ca...​ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dear @FKL​ ,

thanks for your feedback. We are going to fix it and we will produce a new batch of the board soon.

Best regards,

Giuseppe Scuderi

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The via you are pointing to is the connection of R68 to V+, who senses the bus voltages to VBUS.

But I also need to check where the other vias are.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Mariano Abad
Associate III

It looks like that via is the only connection from V+ to the FET Pads.

Thank you Peter.

Is there any news about this yet? Did you find internal data about the board, maybe only the public download files are incorrect/not up to date.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @FKL​ 

Could you give me the link of the layout documentation you referred in order to check consistency with internal ones?

Best regards

==

Laurent Ca...

Hi Laurent,

I downloaded the Altium Project files as well as the Gerber production files from this link:

https://www.st.com/en/evaluation-tools/b-g431b-esc1.html#cad-resources

There has been a new revision since I opened this thread but I checked and the 'error' is still in there 😉

Regards, Frieder

Dear @FKL​ ,

thanks for your feedback. We are going to fix it and we will produce a new batch of the board soon.

Best regards,

Giuseppe Scuderi

Thank you for your reply! Glad I could help.

@Giuseppe Scuderi_O​  could you please clarify if this an issue limits the max motor current ( for the board revision sold until end of Jan 2021).

br

daniele

Hi,

you can use it at full load without issues.

BR

G.