cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in compilations

vrund
Associate II

Hello,

I have imported existing project to cubt ide version 1.5.

below is the problem i am facing.

Problem running CDT Scanner Discovery provider com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.toolchain.armnone.setup.CrossBuiltinSpecsDetector

Error serializing language settings

Internal error while trying to serialize language settings

Could not write file: C:\STM32SecuWS\TFM\STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.3.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q\Applications\SBSFU\SBSFU_Boot\STM32CubeIDE\.settings\language.settings.xml.

C:\STM32SecuWS\TFM\STM32Cube_FW_L5_V1.3.0\Projects\NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q\Applications\SBSFU\SBSFU_Boot\STM32CubeIDE\.settings\language.settings.xml (Access is denied)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello vrund!

It looks like you don't have write permission in the folder you're trying to use based on the "Access is denied" error.

I would first try to use your home folder or somewhere else where you know you have write permission.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello vrund!

It looks like you don't have write permission in the folder you're trying to use based on the "Access is denied" error.

I would first try to use your home folder or somewhere else where you know you have write permission.

Check file level attributes, remove Read Only if this was set when the file was pulled for source control or unpacked from archive. Files from a CD or DVD?

​Was machine configure by different users? AV Software?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Vrund

changing atttibutes works.

I've been using STM32CubeIDE for years without this error. Today I had the "Error serializing language settings" error. It refused to save the .cproject file after working well for the entire day. Restarting STM32CubeIDE multiple times or deleting and checking out the .cproject file again did not work. Deleting the .settings folder did not work. Starting STM32CubeIDE as admin did not work. Even removing the project from the workspace and importing it again did not work. I think the problem could have been triggered by switching a branch without clicking refresh project (this is often not needed). Or the Anti Virus software. Rebooting my PC solved the problem for me.