cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeIDE fails, CubeMX works

1 REPLY 1

(Sorry, failed to include description when creating question.)

I've done a fresh install of CubeIDE 1.5.1 on a Linux system. After choosing an MCU in "target selector" the program hangs indefinitely with a Java process eating 100% of one CPU core. This happens from "Start new STM32 project" at first startup, or if the program is killed and restarted, from "Create a new STM32 project". Doing "Create a new C or C++ project" does work.

A fresh install of CubeMX v6.1.1 gets past target selection. As my entire use-case for these packages is getting power consumption estimates to compare two different STM32 MCUs, this may be sufficient. But I thought CubeMX was deprecated and CubeIDE was its replacement. UM2609, "STM32CubeIDE user guide" has confusing references to ST-MCU-FINDER-PC and STM32CubeMX, including a link to ST-13, UM1718, "STM32CubeMX for STM32 configuration and initialization C code generation". Are additional packages required (and links to them configured) to do target selection in CubeIDE, or am I doing something wrong? Note that no error messages or instructions to do so appear in CubeIDE, it just hangs as described above.