cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX did not generate link script on OpenJDK 15 and Oracle Java SE 15 platform, but OpenJDK 11.0.9.1 (JBR)

Jelly Tea
Associate

Before using OpenJDK and OracleJDK, CubeMX 5.1.1 can generate link script correctly when I generate code for SW4STM32.

But now, CubeMX can generate code, did not generate link script.

And older version did not generate link script anyway, I have to generate link script through Atollic TrueStudio.

Codes and link scripts can be generated correctly on JBR (OpenJDK 11.0.9.1) provided by JetBrains.

This problem happened on Ubuntu 20.04(CubeMX 5.1.1) and Windows 10(Older version).

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Jelly Tea​,

Welcome to the STM32 Community 🙂

The issue doesn't seem very clear to me:

> But now, CubeMX can generate code, did not generate link script.

Did you mean that the latest CubeMX version v6.1.1 can't generate linker script file when SW4STM32 toolchain is selected ?

If I well understand the problem, this can be due to the use of an unsupported JAVA version. The JRE version constraints are:

• 64-bit version mandatory; 32-bit version not supported
  • Minimum JRE version is 1.8_45 (known limitation with 1.8_251)
  • Version 11 is supported
  • Versions 7, 9, 10, 12 and upper are not supported

You will find more details about STM32CubeMX Software requirements in the linked User Manual.

I hope this answers your question.

Otherwise, you can attach your "STM32CubeMX.log" file under C:\<User>\.stm32cubemx, it may reveal the root-cause of the problem. 

Khouloud.

Hello @Jelly Tea​ ,

If your question is answered, please click on the Select as Best button on my reply . This will help other members of the community find this solution more quickly 🙂

Khouloud.