cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents for implementing motor serial communications class

BTrem.1
Senior II

I'm implementing a motor control project using a STM32G431 device. The host computer will communicate to the MCU through an FPGA. Presently my thoughts are to implement the serial framing protocol on the host side and I am using this document: UM1052 User manual (STM32F PMSM single/dual FOC SDK v4.3) as a reference.

Is this document (2016) still applicable?

Edit: added file. The portion I'm interested in is Section 14. Whether this works impacts the PC code as well as the FPGA code.

As example I was thinking of having the PC GUI code issue 'SM1' to the FPGA UART to start the motor. The FPGA would then send  0x03 0x01 0x01 CRC to the MCU through the MCU UART. The FPGA will be connected to up to 4 MCU's, each with their own motor and UART interface.

3 REPLIES 3
Laurent Ca...
Lead II

Dear @BTrem.1​ 

I think that used such old MC-SDK version with a relatively new STM32 core version is not a good idea.

Please use last MC-SDK version.

Best regards

==

Laurent Capella

Hi Laurent,

but seem that latest SDK document didn't mention serial communication class as all right ?

i am searching for example of MCSDK serial communication class example for long time, do you think it is available ?

regards,

Danny

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved the "STM32 Motor Control" section only (the question is about the STM32 SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...