cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you copy screens from one project to another?

Kneepatch
Associate III

Can you copy screens, objects, and interactions between one TouchGFX project to another? I tried Ctrl + C the objects, but they only seem to copy and paste within the same project window and not from one project window to another.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

This is not possible yet unfortunately but we are working on it. The issue with those kind of options is that it could create a lot of errors easily. Could you add this demand in the "Idea zone" section of this forum (have a look as well at the other propositions and put a "like" to the ones you would find interesting for future releases).

You can still easily copy user code from one project to another. What i personally do when I know I will use a custom widget/container in different project is to do as much as possible through code. The downside is that you dont have the complete preview in TouchGFX Designer of the project.

/Romain

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

This is not possible yet unfortunately but we are working on it. The issue with those kind of options is that it could create a lot of errors easily. Could you add this demand in the "Idea zone" section of this forum (have a look as well at the other propositions and put a "like" to the ones you would find interesting for future releases).

You can still easily copy user code from one project to another. What i personally do when I know I will use a custom widget/container in different project is to do as much as possible through code. The downside is that you dont have the complete preview in TouchGFX Designer of the project.

/Romain

Kneepatch
Associate III

Thanks!

Thanks!