cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L412CBT6 vs STM32L412CBT6P - What is the difference?

NW27
Associate III

Hi,

I have the STM32L412CBT6 in a product and now discover that it is going obsolete.

There is a STM32L412CBT6P version (Note the P at the end) that is available from the usual suppliers.

What is the difference between these two parts?

When looking at the latest datasheet (Nov 2020), the 64pin version has a VDD12 (I believe this is what makes it the P version) but for the 48pin package, there is no mention of the VDD12.

Does the new STM32L412CBT6P have a change in pin functionality or internal functionality?

Thanks,

Neil.

8 REPLIES 8
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

Hello @NW27​ 

Thanks for your question,

Well, the additional P is an indication of the external SMPS device support, and that's the main difference between the STM32L412CBT6 and STM32L412CBT6P.

Also, there is another difference in the IO number between these two part number (38 for L412CBT6 and 36 for L412CBT6P), otherwise, there's no difference in the internal functionality.

I'll take this opportunity to present you a way to compare two or more MCUs and it is through the Cross Selector under CubeMX as mentioned in the image below:

0693W000007CybEQAS.png 

Hope that I helped you, when your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Thanks, Khouloud

> STM32L412CBT6 in a product and now discover that it is going obsolete

Why do you think so?

JW

NW27
Associate III

Hi and thank you for responding.

As I mentioned in my first post "When looking at the latest datasheet (Nov 2020), the 64pin version has a VDD12 (I believe this is what makes it the P version) but for the 48pin package, there is no mention of the VDD12."

For the 48pin version, can you please show me what IO pins are affected by the P variant?

What are the two lost IO pins?

I am unable to locate this information in the datasheet.

Normal supplies are drying up.0693W000007CykuQAC.jpg

Hi @NW27​ 

The VDD12 is present, you can check the pinout view on CubeMX ( sorry for the missing information in the DataSheet ).

0693W000007CzwcQAC.pngThe 2 pins which are additional compared to STM32L412CBT6P are PB11 and PB8.

For more details, please refer to L4 documents under st.com.

Thanks for your contribution, Khouloud

I could confirm that figure is correct. Documentation update is ongoing.

Jan, I would simplify your sentence a bit 😉

There's a general shortage of chips at the moment.