cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

L412 documentation error.

re.wolff9
Senior

I think I found a documentation error in the L412 datasheet.

The Quadspi is documented to support two banks in the QUADSPI module description, but I can only find the pins for BK1, which I assume is the first bank.

My guess is that the QUADSPI module supports two banks, but that on the "no-big-packages" 'L412 chip the second bank is not available.

I've put "Whoa! fun feature, lets see if I can use that", so I'm not yet very familiar with the feature.... so I might be wrong.

But If I'm right I think the 'L412 datasheet should not promote the second bank ...

Update: I've checked another datasheet and BK2 is indeed the name for the second bank, and as far as I can see, some required pins on BK2 are on "100+" packages.

Oh... Quick question for those who /are/ familiar with the QUADSPI: Does this work with SD cards?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @re.wolff9​ ,

You are right, STM32L412 devices do not support the Dual bank.

I have raised this internally to correct the L412 datasheet and remove the following sentence:

0693W000007CyrbQAC.jpgThanks for pointing out this issue.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @re.wolff9​ ,

You are right, STM32L412 devices do not support the Dual bank.

I have raised this internally to correct the L412 datasheet and remove the following sentence:

0693W000007CyrbQAC.jpgThanks for pointing out this issue.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @re.wolff9 ,

This issue is fixed in DS12469 Rev 9.

Thank you for your contribution.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.