cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help in selecting an accelerometer for my application.

TMahm.2
Associate II

I want to ensure that the user fits our portable battery powered radar onto the back of a vehicle in the correct orientation. I want to monitor this using an accelerometer, I am considering using the LIS2DH12 but I'm not sure if this is suitable and therefore need help in selecting an accelerometer. Also I did look at using the ADXL345 from Analog devices but don't understand why there is a huge price difference when compared to the LIS2DH12.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TMahm.2​ ,

thank you for your explanation.

I see you add a follow up on this request in this other new post, so I'll reply directly to that post.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @TMahm.2​ ,

Could you please detail a little more the purpose of your application?

If you are interested in the rotational movement of the radar on the vehicle, I would rather suggest you to use a gyroscope too, for example an IMU module. You can find a selection in the dedicated st.com page.

-Eleon

TMahm.2
Associate II

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​ 

Thank you for your reply, we make radar based anti-collision systems for off-road vehicles. These are bolted on to the back of the vehicle and supplied from the vehicle supply and remain fixed in position. I am now making the radar portable and powering it from a battery pack, all I need to ensure is that the user fits it in the correct orientation(portrait) after that we are not interested in the rotational movement of the radar.

Hope this helps.

Hi @TMahm.2​ ,

thank you for your explanation.

I see you add a follow up on this request in this other new post, so I'll reply directly to that post.

-Eleon