cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F072C8T6 - Device not found - struggling!

gferr.11
Associate II

Hi,

I am working with STM32F103 and STM32F072. The first one (103) works very well without any problem. The second one (072) does not work.

I'm using the stlinkv2, connected via SWD to my board (schematic is correct).

BOOT0 pin is tied to gnd with a resistor. The reset occurs once I press debug on stmcubeIDE but it can not find the device.

Why did it find without problem the stm32f103 and not the 072?

What can be the problem? The boot0, reset and supply management are both the same!

Thanks.

Edit:

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: No device found on target.

11 REPLIES 11
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Old firmware, bad cabling , bad USB cable, broken target device, broken target circuit. Recheck everything!

When your code is in STOP mode stlink may cant connect. Need change setting to connect under reset and working reset from stlinkv2, some china dont have it. In CubeIDE too need set debug in low power modes...

I did it, still doesn't recognize the device.

Firmware updated, cabling ok, usb works, device is not broken.. I am lost.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Get a working Nucleo F072 board. Test your procedures with that board. Switch elements of that working chain step by step to your new board. When things stop to work, that is a good hint to what is going wrong.

Also check current consumption of your board and compare to the datasheet.

Yes, I ordered one dev board, it will arrive in 7days.

Anyway, it does not make any sense. Connection ok, stlink works on 103 not on 072... i really don't know.

Thanks to all.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Have a look with the scope on SWCLK/SWD. Insufficient IO levels may cause error, excessive reflections, too-fast edges. Often additional grounding give improvement.

I can see the SWCLK for a fraction of a second on the oscilloscope then "device not found error" shows up and the clock goes to 0.

I have 3.66V over all the board, the ground is taken from the mainboard and the supply has the same noise level everywhere. I am using the ld56100 that provide low noise voltage and 1A max current, pretty enough.

The Reset works as it should be: goes to 0 once I press debug button and goes to 1 after programming (same as the motherboard).

I am more lost than yesterday lol.

When your STLINKV2 work with other board, then maybe your 072 is corrupted , simply replace with new. Maybe ESD or RDP lock Level2 ...

And for check dont use CubeIDE , but instead this use STM32 ST-LINK Utility.exe

or programmer.exe