cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing System Workbench Project into STM32Cube IDE

Brad Stewart
Associate II

I was able to import STMF4DISCOVERY_Ethernet-Phy-SystemWorkbench project into STM32Cube IDE. However, it seems the pathnames are a bit messed up. For example, it failed to find the make file. So is there a cookbook procedure to do this? Or am I better off just using SystemWrokbench?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Not fully aware of example you're looking at. But here is way to deal properly with examples import.

1) If luckily your example is part of integrated ones (sounds work in progress here release after release) example import can be done relying on example selector

Let's try this way: File> Import > General > Import STM32Cube Example

0693W000007Cm5BQAS.jpg 

2) If your example is not available let's try : File > Open Project From File System

Helping you by the end takes care to promote path in sync with following highlight (i.e. include folder under SW4STM32 repository)

0693W000007Cm5LQAS.jpg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

Not fully aware of example you're looking at. But here is way to deal properly with examples import.

1) If luckily your example is part of integrated ones (sounds work in progress here release after release) example import can be done relying on example selector

Let's try this way: File> Import > General > Import STM32Cube Example

0693W000007Cm5BQAS.jpg 

2) If your example is not available let's try : File > Open Project From File System

Helping you by the end takes care to promote path in sync with following highlight (i.e. include folder under SW4STM32 repository)

0693W000007Cm5LQAS.jpg

Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Cartu38s answer is really good. If you need additional information there is also a migration guide available here.

Brad Stewart
Associate II

Thanks. I tried that but didn't work. So I switched to System Workbench and got it loaded. Unfortunately, the example had faulty code and produced many compile errors. I used an Ethernet example here: http://blog.tkjelectronics.dk/2012/08/ethernet-on-stm32f4discovery-using-external-phy/

I did download the demo code examples from the STM32F407 Eval website. Unfortunately, it was only binary images as explained in UM1492. Where can I find the source?

Works like a charm on my side if doing a small patch to such example code source (not STM one by the way ...):

0693W000007CygxQAC.jpgI've just done File>Open Project From File System then removed 'static' as part of highlighted line if snapshot. If not compiler is complaining your prototype is not in sync. with function implementation what's a good warning ...