cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brightness control in LED1642GW

JFern.5
Associate II

Hi everyone,

I've written this little python script to control the brightness in several LED1642GW drivers connected in daisy chain. According to their Application Note, at page 4, it says you have to send 16 words of 16 bits where the first 15 must have a "Brightness data latch" while the last one must have a "Brightness global latch".

My question actually is what those 16 words mean? Does they mean the brightness level? According again to the Application Note... at page 10 the default value of CFG-15 is "0", which means that "16-bit brightness register (65536 grayscale brightness steps)" is selected. So ... I think I should see some brightness variation when I send some different value than 0xFFFF (65535).

The point is that I see always the same brightness level regardless of the value I send. Nevertheless, I have to set the brightness because otherwise LEDs will not turn on when I send the write switch.

What do you think? Am I misunderstanding the protocol to set up the brightness?

Thank you all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JFern.5
Associate II

Well, my problem was I wasn't feeding the drivers with the PWCLK signal so the comparator (page 12 in the Application Note) could not generate a proper dimming signal.

Anyway thank you all 😀

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JFern.5
Associate II

Well, my problem was I wasn't feeding the drivers with the PWCLK signal so the comparator (page 12 in the Application Note) could not generate a proper dimming signal.

Anyway thank you all 😀