cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i use STEVAL-PTOOL2V1 and when using control work bench i can't find this board and the required motor part . what should i do?

GMoha.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @GMoha.1​,

the STEVAL-PTOOL2V1 is a reference design for power tools.

The driving method of this kind of application is the 6-step with position feedback from phase Hall-effect sensors.

The board is configured with a single shunt sensing topology and a companion STSW-PTOOL2V1 firmware is provided for evaluation.

Let me know if I solved your doubts, if so please "Select as Best" button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @GMoha.1​,

the STEVAL-PTOOL2V1 is a reference design for power tools.

The driving method of this kind of application is the 6-step with position feedback from phase Hall-effect sensors.

The board is configured with a single shunt sensing topology and a companion STSW-PTOOL2V1 firmware is provided for evaluation.

Let me know if I solved your doubts, if so please "Select as Best" button.

Hello @GMoha.1​ any feedback from you?

We can consider closed this topic?

karolalexandersecret
Associate II

Hi,

Your answer did not help us. I was trying to do the same think. Adding support of the STEAVL-PTOOL2V1 to Motor control Workbench would be great. I try to generate a Cube IDE project with Motor Control Workbench, but without the board in the list it wasn't easy for first user.

Other solution may be to add a Cube IDE example project instead of a IAR workbench one in the software example of the STEVAL-PTOOL2V1.

Best Regards,

Alexander