cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About FIFO of gyro sensor I3G4250D

HIMAM.1
Associate

Is it stored in the FIFO when the threshold of the INT1_THS register is exceeded?

Or is it stored regardless of the threshold of the INT1_THS register?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @HIMAM.1​ ,

if you intend the mechanical threshold of an external event, there is no trace of the interrupt in the FIFO (the INT1_THS is a configurable mechanical threshold).

If you intend the programmable watermark level event (i.e. when the desired FIFO filling level configurable in the FIFO_SRC_REG (2Fh) register is reached), it can be enabled to generate dedicated interrupts on the INT2 (I2_WTM bit of CTRL_REG3 (22h)), as described in the datasheet p.17.

I suggest you also to check the example available on Github for the i3g4250d_fifo_read.c.

-Eleon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @HIMAM.1​ ,

if you intend the mechanical threshold of an external event, there is no trace of the interrupt in the FIFO (the INT1_THS is a configurable mechanical threshold).

If you intend the programmable watermark level event (i.e. when the desired FIFO filling level configurable in the FIFO_SRC_REG (2Fh) register is reached), it can be enabled to generate dedicated interrupts on the INT2 (I2_WTM bit of CTRL_REG3 (22h)), as described in the datasheet p.17.

I suggest you also to check the example available on Github for the i3g4250d_fifo_read.c.

-Eleon

HIMAM.1
Associate

thank you for your answer.

I got a better understanding with your answer.

I will also check the example.