cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating a backend, threads with simulation?

Jazman
Associate III

Hey guys -

I've got a development where I'm going to use the simulator and share the build with a team to get thoughts/usability input/etc. So, I'm going to want to simulate input into the GUI. The model is using FreeRTOS queues to do the messaging to the various backend threads.

I think the best way to simulate this would be to capture and "playback" data by sending the data into the queues which the model would then use normally. These might be time-based playback or it might be triggered by GUI events.

So, what is the best way to implement this? Is the windows build of the simulator running FreeRTOS so can I just implement threads and queues in the normal manner using osDelay()? Does it use dotNET? I haven't been able to find much documentation on the simulator? In fact, the user guides that do mention the simulator seem to have errors in there as the define of "Simulator" wasn't active. I had to add it to the main.cpp file in the simulator directory.

FYI I have been using the default "Run Simulator" command in the Designer which I'm pretty sure just uses GCC.

Thanks in advance guys. TouchGFX really is an awesome tool to add GUIs to apps.

Keith

1 REPLY 1
Jazman
Associate III

Romain? Peter? Thoughts?

Thanks,

Keith