cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor profiler does not connect NUCLEO-F746ZG and X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 3Sh Workbench connects but cannot spin the motor

SBACO
Associate III

I am using the NUCLEO-F746ZG and X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 3Sh configuration and try to run the motor Profiler. However, the programming seems to run properly, the connection to the board does not seems to work. I got the warning : The FW embeeded on control board is correct, but the control board communication is still missing.

I also run another test with the Workbench solution and manage to connect to the board but the motor is not spinning. I am not sure what I am missing. Regarding the configuration of the boards themselves, information I found really depend on the source for my combo. Despite a lot of tests, the result is always the same.

Hope you can help,

regards

4 REPLIES 4
Cristiana SCARAMEL
ST Employee

Hello @SBACO​,

in the Motor Profiler tool the configuration for X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 board is available if used only with NUCLEO-F303RE or NUCLEO-F302R8.

If you use a different control board - NUCLEO-F746ZG - you cannot correctly drive the Power board.

In the Workbench, did you create a new project with these two boards?

Did you use the ST Zio connectors to connect the boards?

In this case I suggest to check the proper mapping of Inverter driving signal (Digital I/O windows, TIM1 Pin Map):

0693W000007DyJbQAK.png 

Let me know if these info are useful to you.

SBACO
Associate III

That's a shame that I bought this board as it is listed in the compatible list of the motor profiler (as in the picture below).

In the Motor workbench, it appears that the default pin map is not right as you said. The filter on the Hall sensor on the X-NUCLEO-IHM08M1 is not working properly. The pull up resistor is not on the right side of the filtering. We finally manage to have the motor spinning, not very smoothly for now. And the soft filtering was not sufficient as it appears.

One of the MOS seems to be dead on the motor board after a few testing despite the protection in current and temperature. This board is now not possible to be found on the market, so I will have to find a way to repair it.

0693W000007E42gQAC.png

Hello @SBACO​,

you are right, in my previous tests I was using an old version of Motor Profiler (5.4.3) where the board NUCLEO-F746ZG was not yet present.

Did you properly configure the boards in Motor Control mode?

You can find the configuration procedure step-by-step clicking on the "info" message below the boards.

Referring to Motor workbench tests I suggested to check the pin mapping according to your connection between the boards.

Are you using ST Zio Connectors or Morpho Connectors?

Depending on the connection the timer signals (TIM1) must be properly assigned.

Concerning to the Hall sensors signals filters, it is a known issue. You can modify the board as suggested in the Best Answer of this post.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been set only to the "STM32 Motor Control" topic (the question is only about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards

Laurent Ca...