cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX STM32H7 I2C Custom Timing not so Custom.

DOsbo
Senior

In STM32CubeMX (6.1.0) for STM32H7 the I2C parameter settings allow you to enable Custom Timing. However, the Timing parameter still remains disabled and cannot be set.

I would expect that for custom timing, the user could change the Timing parameter.

I'm also wondering why other MCUs (e.g stm32f0) don't even offer a Custom Timing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DOsbo​ ,

Thanks for your feedback and for the precision.

The issue can't be reproduced from my side: when enabling I2C Custom Timing for the first time, the Timing parameter changes automatically to be configurable (I've tested the behavior creating a project from scratch and also using the .ioc you've attached).

0693W000007CTvSQAW.pngTry please to use the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.1.1.

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @DOsbo​ ,

Could you please share your .ioc file for further check ?

Thanks in advance,

Khouloud.

DOsbo
Senior

Hi Khouloud,

Thanks for replying. I've attached the IOC. I've discovered when changing the I2C custom timing for the very first time (from disable to enable), it doesn't enable the Timing parameter. However, if you then close and re-open the IOC file it is enable and it works correctly. For you to see the issue you will need to create a new IOC from scratch and then attempt to enable the I2C Custom Timing.

I'm not really concerned about the issue now that I know I just have to close and re-open the file to get it working.

Thanks

David

Hi @DOsbo​ ,

Thanks for your feedback and for the precision.

The issue can't be reproduced from my side: when enabling I2C Custom Timing for the first time, the Timing parameter changes automatically to be configurable (I've tested the behavior creating a project from scratch and also using the .ioc you've attached).

0693W000007CTvSQAW.pngTry please to use the latest STM32CubeMX version 6.1.1.

Thanks for your contribution.

Khouloud.

DOsbo
Senior

Hi Khouloud,

I just tried it on a new IOC and you're right; it worked perfectly. I can't explain why it wasn't working before. The original IOC is quite old and has been through a few upgrades. Regardless, I am happy it is working now and sorry to waste your time.

Cheers

David